Goal: Provide accurate and reliable financial information.
· Prepare and distribute timely financial reports and schedules.
· Maintain and promote timely, efficient, cash processing methods.
· Provide accurate and timely treasury cash reconciliation.
Goal: Deliver reliable, effective, financial service applications.
· Keep systems current through patching or upgrades of software, hardware, and/or infrastructure.
· Coordinate with information technology partners and vendors to maximize resources and information sharing.
· Employ reliable and effective backup and disaster recovery strategies.
Goal: Encourage state and local government financial transparency and fiscal responsibility.
· Administer the State of Montana Single Audit Act and collect budget data for political subdivisions.
· Submit financial information for inclusion on the state’s transparency website.
Goal: Strengthen and monitor internal controls to promote efficiency, to reduce risk, and to help ensure reliability of financial statements and compliance with laws and regulations.
· Establish and maintain internal control analytical and risk assessment tools.
· Maintain system and division security plans.
· Identify areas of risk to target for strengthening controls.
· Provide reliable, relevant, and easily accessible policy.
Goal: Serve as a resource to state agencies, political subdivisions, and other organizations.
· Keep websites updated with useful and relevant information.
· Provide technical assistance to stakeholders.
· Inform stakeholders of changes in methods and procedures.
Goal: Partner with federal and state agencies, and other organizations to administer federal programs.
· Administer Section 218 of the Social Security Act to ensure proper application of Social Security coverage to all state government and political subdivision employees.
· Administer the Statewide Cost Allocation Plan.
· Administer the federal Cash Management Improvement Act.
· Administer Internal Revenue Service reporting as it relates to payments.
Goal: Implement efficiencies and coordinate resources.
· Coordinate division resources to enhance information sharing and avoid duplication of effort.
· Implement technology or business process efficiencies.
Goal: Promote an environment that fosters innovation, efficiency, excellence, and service.
· Develop bureau strategies that target specific processes that have the potential to add value to our customers.
· Employ techniques that encourage team collaboration and creative thinking.
· Develop methods to acquire feedback from customers.
Goal: Create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce.
· Promote professional growth and development opportunities.
· Encourage and provide opportunities for employees to stay current in their field and be aware of industry best practices.
· Employ best practice strategies for employee recruitment, selection, retention, and training.
· Review and maintain succession plan strategies.
Goal: Successfully implement those objectives and tasks in the Governor’s Main Street Montana Project that fall within the authority of the division.
· Actively manage our division plan by discussing at monthly division management meetings.
See this biennium's 2019 Biennium Goals and Objectives.